Technology for the World
Since 2004, Trish has been providing technology support to charities internationally. She began her nonprofit technology career at age 58 at Lumanti, a name which means “memory” in the Newari language in Nepal. Lumanti, “Support Group for Shelter” was founded by Lajana Manandhar, the widow of one of Trish’s good friends from Nepal. Ramesh Manandhar was passionately committed to bettering the lives of those less fortunate than he.
At an international conference on culture, space and history in Ankara, Turkey, Ramesh stood up after a speech by some very famous architect and shouted, “What about the POOR? What does all this have to do with them? What are you doing about THEM?”
His exortation — often repeated until his death in an airplane crash in 1992 — inspired both his widow and Trish, who went back to college to learn “computers” and went on found Worldstouch, to serve the international charitable community as technology trainer, consultant and collaborator.
- 2004-2005: Database designer and tech consultant, Lumanti, Kathmandu, Nepal
- 2005-present: Database architect and support, web designer, and cloud app trainer, RCRD/CBR, Bhaktapur, Nepal
- 2006: Web design support, League of Human Rights, Noumea, New Caledonia
- 2006: Research on Drupal migration, Open Forum, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- 2006-present: Web design, writing/photography, tech consulting, Hayden Hall, Darjeeling, India
- 2012-2014: Salesforce implementations, Two Habitat for Humanity organizations in New Zealand and Hagar International, Vietnam & Cambodia.
In 2008, to find the funding for her international projects, Trish went to work as a Volunteer in Service to America (VISTA), serving at West End Ministries in High Point, NC, and then at FaithAction International House, in Greensboro, NC.
When her three years of VISTA service ended, she began consulting with local nonprofits, offering occasional and then monthly technology presentations free of charge to the community and creating a digital storytelling project, Movies without Borders. Jean-Francois participated in the Movies without Borders project as well.
After a short, 2-year stint in the corporate world as a Salesforce consultant, Trish is back at Worldstouch, which is less of a business and more an idea about working in the world, always in nonprofit technology.
Art for the World